Body in Mind Nutrition's Fan Box

Mindfulness and Menopause

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Learning the skills which support mindfulness, mindful eating, and a mindful lifestyle are being used to manage symptoms of menopause, such as "hot flashes".  My experience is that learning to live and eat mindfully increases your ability to manage the stresses of modern life all the way around.  Now we have more and more research that supports this experience!  (Again, research is supporting what we already know-I love it!)

Next month's Mindful Eating Book Club discussion is focusing on Mindful Eating:  A guide to Rediscovering a Healthy and Joyful Relationship with Food by Jan Chozen Bays, M.D.  Feel free to contact me if you would like to know more about this powerful and effective approach to eating and living well.

The link below describes the latest research on mindfulness and menopause.  Check it out!
http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/videos/news/hot_flashes_041211.html

|

About Me

My photo
Winston-Salem, North Carolina, United States
I am a medical nutrition therapist with more than twenty years of clinical experience specializing in preventing and treating eating and body weight problems, along with sports nutrition and general wellness. I belive in including the practice of mindful eating as a way to support successful behavior changes which last. I work with my clients in individual sessions, and group programs as well as workshops.