Body in Mind Nutrition's Fan Box

Kids Eat To Manage Feelings Too!

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

The behavior of eating goes well beyond eating what you think is "good" for you.  The most common thread in all of my work with clients, no matter what their eating problem, is that eating (or choosing not to eat) is many times used to calm and comfort.  This is true for all ages.

Please remember this when you talk to your kids about eating and weight.  As a nation, we are doing a much better job of addressing the need for our kids to become more active and have access to healthier foods, but we are leaving out a major issue-emotional health.

http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/videos/news/bullying_weight_041911.html

|

About Me

My photo
Winston-Salem, North Carolina, United States
I am a medical nutrition therapist with more than twenty years of clinical experience specializing in preventing and treating eating and body weight problems, along with sports nutrition and general wellness. I belive in including the practice of mindful eating as a way to support successful behavior changes which last. I work with my clients in individual sessions, and group programs as well as workshops.